|Patterson’s legal training began at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law and continued in two of our nation’s most prestigious law firms. Her serviced clients include publically and privately held corporations, industry leaders and start-up companies. Patterson has experience in a wide-range of business law issues. She regularly advises clients on entity formation, compliance concerns and litigation avoidance strategies.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- J.D. (with honors), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, 2006
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2003
- Bar of North Carolina
- Bar of Georgia
- Drafted the Articles of Incorporation and Operating Agreement for the establishment of a limited liability corporation for a professional comedian’s entertainment company.
- Drafted a separation agreement for parties who lacked a premarital agreement but sought to determine the distribution of marital and separate property before the filing of divorce.
- Drafted qualified retirement plans and health and welfare arrangements, pursuant to ERISA and its regulations.
- Advised and served as the legal team lead regarding benefit claims and appeals administration for a Fortune 500 company.